Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Yoga Bunny Detox

You know that feeling, when a huge weight is lifted from your shoulders? When you finish that last page of reading for an extraordinarily cumbersome reading? When you finally turn in that paper? And then you just sit, because you're exhausted, or possibly because this seems the opportune time for that laziness to kick in? That's exactly how I will feel later in this semester. [It may or may not involve a twenty page paper and the usual procrastination on my part.] In addition, the above is an over-dramatization of my feelings this afternoon after a good amount of reading which I'd characteristically put off till almost as last minute as possible. Story of my life!

But really, my life is filled to the brim with mishaps and adventures. If I were to overanalyze myself, I may say that I enjoy putting schoolwork off as long as possible because the challenge of finishing everything in the nick of time is just a lot of fun. Then again, I may also analyze myself and realize how lazy I really am. If I were in a job interview, I would describe it as my "laid back" personality, it makes me seem exceedingly more desirable as an employee than if I were to tell tales of my lethargy. (That's an exclusive excerpt from my "How To Do A Good Job Interview 101". You're welcome.)

Anyhow, back to adventure which is my life. The past couple days have probably been the least adventurous thus far on this venture, but I'm in London and that means two things:


  1. I can't complain. I'm so thankful to get to be here and have all these amazing truly once in a lifetime experiences. 
  2. I still have pictures and stories! Get excited, y'all.
First off, let me take you back to Sunday....

 this is where we went to church
All Saints
pretty sweet building, eh?
we were excited
and Megan had curled her hair
i have the cutest friends
they're great

I mentioned it at the end of a previous blog post, along with a wonderful misadventure from Sunday afternoon. Misadventures may just be the best sort of adventures. There's nothing like making a spectacle of yourself in a foreign country, asking at least five (legitimately, no exaggeration) different workers at five different shops how to get somewhere. And, on top of that, ending up waltzing back into the first place we'd tried (the right restaurant, the wrong specific location) and eating there in front of an amused waitress. Such is my life. In the words of one of the culprits for obesity in America: "I'm lovin' it!"

For my British Life and Culture class on Monday, we got to tour the Tower of London and see the Crown Jewels (no pictures there, for obvious reasons).

there it is
the Tower of London
on the edge of the
one square mile
City of London
 the "beefeaters" live over there
don't know what those are?
 fun facts
also
£1=$1.57
everything's expensive

 we got to see lots of armor too
up in the white tower
way cool
cheerio!
but really, no one says that here
and of course on the way out
we had to get a picture 
in front of the Tower Bridge
and a couple other tourists
 Yesterday
we got to see Kiss Me, Kate
 It was such a fun show! 
I really enjoyed the story line
 the songs were fun
and we all had a great time!
okay
this looks like a weird drink
but
it's delicious
and
i still don't really know what it is
but
it seems healthy
or something
 the view out my window
it's actually been pretty sunny 
off and on
so pretty
did I mention I live on the fourth (British third) floor?
no joke, I'm noticing more defined calves
winning
 one of the best things ever
putting energy instead of calories
brilliant

 Also, my friends got FREE tickets for the two of them to go see LION KING tonight!!! I'm so excited for them, Caitlyn and I literally screamed when Emma told us the news! Happy Wednesday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment